mVip user manual
Key Features Icons
mVip Alerts App
About Discreet mVip Notifications
Feature Profiles & Setups
- mVip Groups
- Fitness – Step counting Setup and tracking
- Wellness – Sleep Monitoring
- Phone leash
- Find your Watch
- Repeat Timer
- Do not Disturb
Kindred mVip is a true woman’s hybrid smartwatch featuring fitness tracking, and discreet smart notifications technology, in a modest round diameter of only 38mm.
With no noticeable technology on its exterior other than the discreet LED notifications window on the side of the case, Kindred mVip allows you to stay in the moment with family and friends, and not worry about missing any important personal messages.
The Kindred mVip smartwatch receives up to 5 programmable, unique VIP LED color notifications and 4 LED color fitness achievement level notifications (Android Only).
Keep your Smartphone nearby in a handbag or coat and while wearing your connected Kindred mVip watch, you’ll be discreetly alerted to incoming calls, messages or alerts that are important to you.
Before you start using your MARTIAN mVip, make sure the following items are in the box:
- Martian mVip
- Pogo pin charger and cradle
- Quick Connect Guide
VIP LED Alerts
Create 5 unique
VIP group alerts, one color per VIp
Receive VIP vibration
Track your steps
Review your sleep patterns
Alarms & Reminders Alerts
Create Alarm & Reminder Alerts
Camera Shutter Control
Control your phones camera shutter
Find your phone if it’s nearby
Find your watch if it’s nearby
mVip Alerts App
The Martian mVip App was specifically created to provide you with customizable Vip group notifications, fitness and wellness tracking and notifications tools via your Kindred mVip watch and connected smartphone. The intuitive App guides you through the setup of each feature through a step by step navigation process. There are also “i” information icons within the App for additional setup help when needed. We have detailed some of the key features and functions below, as an overview to Kindred mVip and the mVip App.
About Discreet mVip Notifications
When you receive a mVip notification, your watch will vibrate, and 1 of the 5 LED Colors that you designated to a group of people or app, will light up.
Receive Discreet Vibration Notifications
4 short vibrations = VIP Alert Notification such as:
Calls, Calendar Events, SMS (Texts, Whatsapp, Messenger, Hipchat, Skype etc.)
Receive up to 5 unique VIP LED color notifications.
By assigning a color to a particular Vip group, a quick glance of the color when a notification is received, will tell you who is trying to contact you.
The LED is located discreetly on the side of the case at the 6 o’clock position.
Other features such as camera mode, leash, and low battery level emit a different color or vibration pattern as defined for each feature.
The LED was designed to discreetly alert as it is located on the side of watch case and is facing you so that only you, can see who ro what from your Vip list is trying to reach you.
Filter your Vip groups easily by enabling or disablleing the people ot the apps that you associated as a Vip
Other vibration and LED notification features such as camera mode, leash and low battery level emit different color or vibration patterns as defined under each feature.
Feature Profiles & Setups
1. mVip Groups – notifications
With no noticeable technology on its exterior other than the discreet LED notification window on the side of the case, Kindred mVip allows you to stay in the moment with family and friends and not worry about missing any important personal messages.
- Create and label up to 5 VIP groups. Each VIP group can have as many members or Apps as you like, such as like Parents, Family, Friends, etc.
- Each VIP group is represented by 1 of the 5 LED colors.
Choose a color that you feel best fits a particular group, say green for parents, or red for calendar alerts…
3 .Enter the Nickname/Keywords that are associated to each contact’s SMS platforms (space & capital sensitive).
- Martian’s mVIP App will then do the heavy lifting, and alert you each time the Nicknames or Keywords of the members that you have entered, contacts you in one of the apps.
The mVip App then combines all the different SMS platforms associated to each individual or group, into one simple color.. so whether they text, call, Skype, Whatsapp or use any SMS platform found in the mVip app, you’ll know that they are trying contact you..
To set this up, tap on the “>” icon next to the person’s name, and enter all the nicknames of their different SMS platforms’ account. The App will then search these keywords, and associate the SMS to the corresponding color. You can also filter the notifications that you want to receive by going to Settings > Notifications. Turn any notifications ON to receive, and OFF if you do not want to receive.
Fitness – Step counting Setup and tracking
Kindred mVip will send 1 long vibration and a unique LED color alerting you when you reach 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% of your daily goal. While at the same time, collecting and reporting your progress on the App.
25% – Yellow (1 long vibration + 1 short Yellow LED)
50% – Blue (1 long vibrations + 1 short Blue LED)
75% – Aqua (1 long vibration + 1 short Aqua LED)
100%- Green (1 long vibration + 1 short Green LED)
*NOTE: The goal notification feature is available only for Android users at this stage. iOS users can still track your steps and view tracking report from the App.
The step counting feature allows you to set and track your daily target/goal, at the same time providing data on the amount of calories burned.
- Set up your personal profile by tapping on the top right icon on the Step Counting dashboard.
- Enter your information including gender, height, weight, target steps and units of measure.
- Enable Step Counting feature by toggling on from the set up page.
Note: Step Counting feature and Sleep Tracking feature cannot be enabled at the same time.
- Once your Step Tracking feature is set up and enabled, your mVip Kindred smartwatch will start tracking your steps automatically, and display Daily, Weekly, and Monthly report on the dashboard.
- Your data on the watch will sync to the App every 15 mins when it is running in the background; however, when the App is opened in the foreground, the data will sync and display on the Step Tracking dashboard immediately.
Wellness- Sleep Monitoring
Wear Kindred mVip while you sleep to keep track of your sleep patterns and quality of your sleep.
Kindred mVip will collect and report your daily, weekly and monthly sleep profiles in the Alerts App.
The sleep monitoring feature allows set up sleep and wake times that help you monitor and optimize sleep schedule(s)
- To enable Sleep Monitoring, toggle ON from the set up menu by tapping on the top right icon. Note: Step Counting feature and Sleep Monitoring feature cannot be enabled at the same time. So make sure you disable Sleep Tracking feature when you wake up.
- Sleep Monitoring dashboard will show you your sleep pattern as well as the time duration of each stage – awake, light sleep, and deep sleep.
Don’t forget or leave your Phone behind…
Your watch will vibrate when you are farther than 10 feet from your tethered phone.
Find your watch
Can’t locate your Watch?
Find your Watch feature makes your watch vibrate and flash LED to help you locate your misplaced watch.
Repeat timers are used to continually get alerts to your watch at a specified interval.
The Repeat Timer will vibrate and flash Aqua LED to remind you.
- On the Alarms/Timer page, tap on “Timer”, and the “+” sign to create a timer.
- Set up From and To duration for the timer and the repeat frequency of the Timer.
- Tap on the check mark on the top right hand corner to save the Timer. You can save up to 10 Timers.
- To delete the timer, for Android users tap and hold on the selected Timer to delete. For iOS users, swipe left on the Timer to delete.
Set up Daily alarms to ensure that you are always on time!
The Alarm will vibrate and flash Aqua LED to gently wake you up, without disturbing your love ones.
- On the Alarms/Timer page, tap on “Alarm”, and the “+” sign to create an alarm.
- Select the time you want, days for the alarm to repeat (optional), and a label for the alarm.
- Tap on the check mark on the top right hand corner to save the Alarm. You can save up to 10 Alarms.
- To delete the Alarm, for Android users tap and hold on the selected Alarm to delete. For iOS users, swipe left on the Alarm to delete.
Do not disturb
Activating DND will turn off all incoming notifications to your watch, except the silent alarms that are scheduled to alert you. You can set these time intervals through your Martian mVip DND page.
- Tap on the “+” sign found in the top right corner, and set the hours you want DND to stay active.
- You can select the frequency of these quiet times by choosing the days to repeat. And for easy identification, you can name your DND hours (e.g. work, sleep, etc) under the “Label” section.
- You can set up to 3 DND periods.
- To delete the DND hours, for Android users tap and hold on the selected DND to delete. For iOS users, swipe left on the DND to delete.
Notifications (under the seetings menu in the app)
Notifications setting is where you can set which apps and notifications you want to receive on your watch.
Android users will see the Martian app comes pre-populated with top rated applications for Incoming Calls, SMS, and Emails, as well as all of the other apps that you have on your phone that use push notifications.
iPhone users see the same top rated applications, however, you might not see the other apps on your phone until you receive an initial notification from them.
Click into each app to Enable or Disable the alerts being pushed to your watch.